1.6K views

I am frustrated with the customer service at Tracy Porter, a boutique for high end jewelry, clothes, shoes and furniture. Some of theproducts carried are very unique, though exorbitantly priced. I bought a bunch of things and the quality was subpar for some of them and wanted to return them. I promptly followed the directions for return and returned the merchandise. It's been 2 months and despite having called customer service repeatedly, I haven't received any word about what's happening to the items returned and where my money is!!!!!

To add to that, things that were ordered for arrival way before Christmas haven't arrived, and I can't get them to cancel those items for me. My money is stuck and the merchandise isn't even with me. Their website doesn't always say clearly when the items on back order are likely to ship.

I received a damaged item and they are refusing to send me a replacement.

After all this, every time I call, I am told that "corporate office" is dealing with my issues. This has turned out to be a nightmare. I am NEVER going to shop with Tracy Porter and want to spread the word about their totally unprofessional set up.

Monetary Loss: $2000.

Comments

Norwich, Connecticut, United States #906311

Similar experience here. Was a long time customer .

Very disappointed that this operation was deceitful and unethical , did not return more than $600 for retuned items. Efforts to contact them were not productive.

I am so shocked by these comments. I stumbled across this compaint page by accident.

I have been her friend on Facebook only recently and wanted to see what town she lived in. As a business owner I feel for all of you customers who have lost money!! My company is very small and I take such pride knowing customers spend their hard earned money on my line!! I have looked up to Tracy for following her passion but NOT any more!

I am sharing this link to these compaints with my other business women friends!!

My jaw is to the floor!!

Milford, New Jersey, United States #688572

I called my CC company and because the shoes were on BACK ORDER for over 6 mos. When I ordered ...

they were on back order for 2 mos.

and then the back order date was extended again and it took forever for someone to finally answer at customer service only to learn they were bankrupt. SOOOOOOOOOO, the CC company deadline for disputing charges had lapsed!

I sure wish those of you who have been burned would go comment on hetr blog. It will get deleted eventually there too, but more people read her blog and might see it before they erase it!

If the company went under, understandable but,do the right thing Tracy.

I cannot believe they have started a new company; how is this possible when they have failed to refund their customers over at Tracy Porter? Of course there is no way to alert people of their scam since all comments are deleted.

I am disgusted. I hope they do not manage to swindle more money.

I have to say I am SOOO relieved to see everyone else that has also had such a truly aweful time dealing with Tracy Porter.I too had unprocessed returns and gift certificates all totalling $500.It is APPALLING that they are starting a new company using OUR money to do so! Before i found this I was posting comments on facebook and they got taken down fairly regularly..another sign of their extremely dishonest business practices.How can these people still worship her?

And how can they live with themselves knowing what they did to so many loyal customers who supported them and made it possible to live the good life they so prominently promote? SHAME on you Tracy and John.. believe me when they are up and running ( using my money to fund this new venture) I will not rest until I have spoken with anyone who will listen via phone or email.I am actually looking forward to making a pest out of myself!

Good luck to all and maybe if everyone could jangle their new business we might get somewhere?! Any one had any luck with anything else?

My condolences to each of you who were ripped off by Tracy Porter and her company. She did the same thing to me and, thankfully, my card-issuing bank was able to refund my money.

The Porters have launched a new web site called "Poetic Wanderlust" which touts that Tracy and her "design team" will create "inspired artisan creations" for companies. She can no longer use her name in her web address because of the number of lawsuits she would likely face, nor can she carry on a retailing operation because none of the credit card companies will do business with her after she left them holding the bag to reimburse their cardholders. I spent thousands of dollars on her fashions, and her dishonesty and lack of conscience in shuttering her business is appalling.

I sincerely hope no one hires her. If I ever see a tag reading "Poetic Wanderlust," I will steer clear of the merchandise, as I refuse to ever put another dime in that woman's pocket.

Tracy Porter has taken all your $$ and started a new brand-Poetic Wanderlust. Designer: Tracy Porter will be happy to create artful designs for you. Of course it will all be made in China or India!

Ms. Porter is now going to be on a HGTV holiday special with two other designers.

Must make all the people they stole from happy to see her smiling face and fake attitude.

They'll come out of this on top once again. Didn't she always say to "view life thru the rose colored glasses?" I guess it works.

How do I get a refund for my unused gift certificates for Tracy Porter? I understand she is now in business again-- so I want to make sure I am included in the customers who are owed refunds.

They are worth a couple of hundred dollars and were bought this year in the beginning of 2011. Thank you!

I hope people will not be fooled by another Tracy Porter scam! She is nothing but a *** artist - a big time thief.

How dare she not follow through with all the money she owes us all -- we have unused gift certificates worth hundreds of dollars in my circle of friends and family alone!

For her to now get to start over and not have to reimburse everyone she stole from is an outrage! There should be laws to protect consumers from people like her!

Ochlocknee, Georgia, United States #366833

Tracy just posted on her facebook page that they have just finished shooting an episode for HGTV. It is for a Christmas decorating show that they have every year.

I too have ordered from and followed Ms. Porter and I am surprised how many women fawn all over her and her family, well knowing that she has gone under, left lots of people with orders that have not been filled but charged to their credit cards and now show up on HGTV like nothing ever happened. I was always entertained by her "pretty", make believe life and in reality know that is was just that...make believe.

No one is that loved, has perfect kids, husband, life, etc. Not even the magpies that live with the dragons in Tracy's closet!

Can someone explain why their FB page is still up and people are posting warm and fuzzy things to them, like they are the most incredibly wonderful people in the whole wide world? What am I missing here?

Ditto the large number of comments on her blog after she posted about going out of business. People sad and missing them and telling them they are the beautiful and all that?

I do not understand.

Well it seems missy is bouncing back a bit and going the wholesale route. Tracy Porter's tabletop wares are being sold @ Horchow.com which is a division of Neiman Marcus.Her chandeliers have been picked up by LampsPlus.com.

Doubtful that will translate to refunds for those left out in the cold.

I will say I adore every Tracy Porter item I own and wish her well. I'd probably feel like y'all if I'd been screwed though.

Forget about any refunds, the company is in bankruptcy. There is no money left.

Yes they will start over again, but not under the Tracy Porter name. They will wipe away their debt and start over. Be careful who you put on a pedestal, do you think Tracy really designed anything? I am sure someone she hired did that.

No one could live up to all that *** on that *** blog. Get a life ladies.

I also loved the clothing, jewelry, etc. but they have yet to refund my money from a return that I made in April!

Ive never been dealt with so poorly- at least send me the ill-fitting, badly made clothing back...so i have something to show for my 350! I just wish I had some avenue to explore that would help me besides going to an attorney.

Im so upset! out 350 dollars for *** I don't even have!

As usual I waited the 2-3 months for my return but unfortunately waited too long- now my cc company can't even help me out. What a scam!!

These complaints are attached to my my name and TJ Clibborns name. We are not in the designer stuff business...we are horse trainers and all these complaints are linked to us.

We do a good job at what we do and do not need negative remarks that are not about us.

Please try to resolve your problems without writing online as YOU CAN HURT INNOCENT PEOPLE. Please delete all and resubmit correctly.

Thanks Tracy SUE Porter...HORSE & PEOPLE TRAINER